I try and keep my reading lists varied with authors both young and old on topics that inspire me both artistically and creatively as well as deep, theological writings that help me in my study and understanding of God.
Here’s a list of books I’ve recently purchased that will now find a home stacked on my bedside and in my man-purse for the coming months:
- Rhythms of Grace: How the Church’s Worship Tells the Story of the Gospel by Mike Cosper
- Creature of the Word: the Jesus-Centered Church by Matt Chandler, Josh Patterson & Eric Geiger
- The Soundtrack of My Life by Clive Davis, CCO Sony Music Ent.
- The Catalyst Leader: 8 Essentials for Becoming a Change Maker by Brad Lomenick
- Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average, Do Work That Matters by Jon Acuff
- What it Means to Be a Man by Rhett Smith
- What We Talk About When We Talk About God by Rob Bell
- Doxology and Theology: How the Gospel Forms the Worship Leader by Matt Boswell
Have you read any of these? Would love to know what you’ve read that I should read!
I’ve had so many friends and family members message me their love and support with the music video release of ‘Where I Belong.‘ Many mentioned it was a timely video, whether it be because of the season of life or season of faith they find themselves in; or perhaps the conversations their in with others who are on the faith-journey. I’m grateful for the opportunity to create and pray it continues to encourage and entertain many.
With that kind of production, you know as well as I do there was a brilliant team of creatives making it happen! The creative and collaborative process behind the video was extremely fun because it was done with great friends who wanted to create for the sake of creating. Be sure to holler at them for their efforts – they’re brilliant and generous and I’m forever grateful for who they are!
Where I Belong
off the Album: Live to Love (2012)
Edited by Michael McKibben
Cameras: Michael McKibben, Jonathan Moon
Lighting/Set Design/Photography: Harrison Givens, Cameron Ware
Set Production: Nico Pizzarell, Paul Hally, Aaron Bensko
B-roll and Storyline Footage courtesy of Brian Mosley, Phil Warner and Will Irwin
Band: George Bonner (guitar), Dave Proulx (keys), Justin Leu (drums), Tyler Williams (bass), Emma Harvey (vocals)
Check out and share the Official Music Video of Where I Belong here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KivnSsYOZv0
Check out Rob Wilson on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/live-to-love/id496719834